South Kalgoorlie Primary School was opened on the 8th of August 1904 with an enrolment of 118 students. The school was intended to accommodate 150 students but by the 28th of September 1904 the school had an enrolment of 205 students. On the 13th of January 1907, there were 311 students on the roll. Numbers at the school continued to grow with concerns constantly raised about the lack of space for classes.
Throughout the life of the school the original buildings have been removed and replaced with new ones. The Bell Tower which was constructed with some of the original school bricks is a focus of the school and helps to retain a link with the past. Although the face of the school has had many changes over the years, the spirit of the school has not changed. South Kalgoorlie Primary School has always had a strong connection with students, staff, parents and community alike. The school prides itself upon decades of academic achievement and community support.